21st Annual Shiai In-House Tournament – Sat. Feb 24, 2018 – Join Us!
21st Annual Shiai In-House Tournament
Saturday, February 24, 2018
- Doors Open: 10:15am
- Opening Ceremony: 10:30am
- Adult Divisions
- Youth Divisions (6-10 years old)
- Junior Divisions (11-14 years old): 2:30pm
- Ends: Students and family members are welcome to leave once all their divisions are complete. However, you are welcome to stay to support remaining competitors.
Registration Deadline: Thursday, February 22, 2018
Registration: 2018 Shiai Info & Registration Form PDF
Cost: $30.00, for 1, 2, or 3 events. (Payable by exact cash only, please. No cheques.)
Eligibility: Little Ninjas, and students that have not yet earned their first rank, are not eligible to compete in the tournament, but you are welcome to watch!
NEW Medals: New this year, Intermediate and Advanced students will be recognized with new medals to honour their respected commitment to WKFA.
Class Schedule Changes:
- Special Combined Little Ninjas Class: Regular 9:15am and 10:00am classes will be combined from 9:15am – 9:45am.
- Cancelled: Regular Youth, Junior and Adult classes. (Aikido will take place at 7:00am.)
- Meet and compete with fellow WKFA students in a friendly, educational atmosphere.
- Experience a traditional martial arts event based on courtesy and respect.
- Allow family and friends to observe and support students.
- Evaluate and improve your physical and psychological development.
- Promote a sense of community.
- Develop more spirit, poise and self-confidence.
- Try out the sport aspect of martial arts.
We're here to help. Call us today!
While it is not mandatory, we consider our Shiai as an important part of our curriculum.
Regardless of belt level, we steadfastly train our Kung-Fu so that we can be our personal best. The Shiai allows us as a Kung-Fu family to celebrate the effort we put in together by individually presenting our forms to the school and to the family and friends that join us.
While we do mark each student and award medals accordingly for those that place the highest, the real reward is knowing that you can perform your Kung-Fu individually and be recognized for the hard work you have put in.
Our sparring and horse stance competitions are another way that we can push each other to do well under pressure, a valuable lesson at any age!
We look forward to sharing this experience with you at our annual Shiai!