22nd Annual Shiai In-House Tournament – Sat. Apr 27, 2019 – Join Us!
22nd Annual Shiai In-House Tournament
Saturday, April 27, 2019
- Opening Ceremony: 11:00am
- Adult Divisions
- Youth Divisions (6-10 years old)
- Junior Divisions (11-14 years old): 2:30pm
- Ends: Students and family members are welcome to leave once all their divisions are complete. However, you are welcome to stay to support remaining competitors.
Registration Deadline: Thursday, April 18, 2019
Registration: 2019 Shiai Info & Registration Form PDF
Cost: $30.00, for 1, 2, or 3 events. (Payable by exact cash only, please. No cheques.)
Eligibility: Little Ninjas, and students that have not yet earned their first rank, are not eligible to compete in the tournament, but you are welcome to watch!
Class Schedule Changes:
Cancelled: Regular Youth, Junior and Adult classes.
- Meet and compete with fellow WKFA students in a friendly, educational atmosphere.
- Experience a traditional martial arts event based on courtesy and respect.
- Allow family and friends to observe and support students.
- Evaluate and improve your physical and psychological development.
- Promote a sense of community.
- Develop more spirit, poise and self-confidence.
- Try out the sport aspect of martial arts.
Events & Awards
- Open Hand Forms
- Weapon Forms
- Point Sparring
- Horse Stance
Gold, Silver and Bronze medallions will be awarded to the top 3 competitors in every division!
We're here to help.
While it is not mandatory, we consider our Shiai as an important part of our curriculum.
Regardless of belt level, we steadfastly train our Kung-Fu so that we can be our personal best. The Shiai allows us as a Kung-Fu family to celebrate the effort we put in together by individually presenting our forms to the school and to the family and friends that join us.
While we do mark each student and award medals accordingly for those that place the highest, the real reward is knowing that you can perform your Kung-Fu individually and be recognized for the hard work you have put in.
Our sparring and horse stance competitions are another way that we can push each other to do well under pressure, a valuable lesson at any age!
We look forward to sharing this experience with you at our annual Shiai!