Competition Team – 2020 Winter-Spring Session – Join Us!
Interested in Competing?
Join our Kung-Fu Competition Team Winter/Spring Session:
January 19 – April 26, 2020
Sundays: 8:30am – 10:00am (Kwoon opens at 8:15am)
- 12 90-minute classes.
- All Classes will be geared to competition preparation.
- We encourage you to choose one weapon form and empty hand form and spend the upcoming Competition Team classes refining elements of those particular forms.
All Youth, Junior and Adult students (ages 6 and up) are eligible to participate.
Note: No practices February 16, March 29, April 12, May 3, due to holidays and events.
Free Trial Competition Team Classes
Not sure if this is for you? Join us for a complimentary trial class:
- January 19, 2020
8:30am – 10:00am
Come out and experience the team, meet the sifus, ask questions, and then decide on whether you want to join for the term!
- This session is $100.00. ( +HST. No family discounts.)
- Payable before February 15, 2020.
- Competition team memberships are renewed each term.
- Minimum numbers are required; however, capacity is limited.
- Interested in enrolling? Speak with Sigung David and/or sign up in the weight room.
Team Objectives and Requirements
- Improve your open hand forms.
- Strengthen your sparring technique.
- Develop your weapons form.
- Enjoy additional classes for competition training.
- Receive the extra coaching to better prepare for competition.
- Appreciate greater confidence in your Kung-Fu abilities.
- Foster a positive and realistic attitude toward competition.
- Encourage team members to participate in a minimum number of tournaments per year.
- Make new friends and develop a “team spirit” among the competition team participants.
We're here to help. Call us today!