Interested in competing? Join our Kung-Fu Competition Team Winter/Spring Session:
February 1 – May 3, 2017
Two class times accommodate Adults, Youth and Juniors.
Wednesdays: 9:00pm – 10:00pm
Sundays: 9:15am – 10:15am (Kwoon opens at 9:00am)
- The program is intended as one session per week, but you are more than welcome to attend both.
- All Classes will be geared to competition preparation.
- We encourage you to choose one weapon form and empty hand form and spend the upcoming Competition Team classes refining elements of those particular forms.
Note: No practices February 19th, March 15th due to holidays.
Upcoming Kung-Fu Competitions
WKFA Shiai, WKFA: Saturday, April 29, 2017
CKKA Memorial Tournament, Kingston: Saturday, April 1, 2017
Karate/Kung-Fu Maynia, University of Waterloo: Saturday, May 6, 2017
Free Trial Competition Team Class
Not sure if this is for you? Join us for a complimentary trial class:
- February 1, 2017
- February 5, 2017
Come out and experience the team, meet the sifus, ask questions, and then decide on whether you want to join for the term.
- This session is $100.00. ( +HST. No family discounts.)
- Payable before February 22, 2017.
- Competition team memberships are renewed each term.
- Minimum numbers are required; however, capacity is limited.
- Interested in enrolling? Speak with Sifu David and/or sign up in the weight room.
Team objectives and requirements
- Receive the extra coaching to better prepare for competition.
- Foster a positive and realistic attitude toward competition.
- Establish extra classes per month for competition training.
- Encourage team members to participate in a minimum number of tournaments per year (WKFA
April Shiai and Karate/ Kung-Fu Maynia).
- Develop a “team spirit” among the competition team participants.