Competition Team – 2018 Winter-Spring Session – Join Us!
Interested in competing?
Join our Kung-Fu Competition Team Winter/Spring Session:
February 4 – May 5, 2018
Two class times accommodate Adults, Youth and Juniors. Attend one or both classes as your schedule allows.
Wednesdays: 9:00pm – 10:00pm
Sundays: 9:15am – 10:15am (Kwoon opens at 9:00am)
- The program is intended as one session per week, but you are more than welcome to attend both.
- All Classes will be geared to competition preparation.
- We encourage you to choose one weapon form and empty hand form and spend the upcoming Competition Team classes refining elements of those particular forms.
Note: No practices February 18th, March 14th due to holidays.
Free Trial Competition Team Classes
Not sure if this is for you? Join us for a complimentary trial class:
- February 4, 2018
- February 7, 2018
Come out and experience the team, meet the sifus, ask questions, and then decide on whether you want to join for the term!
Upcoming Kung-Fu Competitions
WKFA Shiai, WKFA:
Saturday, February 24, 2018
Double Dragon, Kitchener:
Sunday, March 25, 2018
CKKA Memorial Tournament, Vaughn:
Saturday-Sunday, April 7-8, 2018
Karate/Kung-Fu Maynia, Kitchener:
Saturday, May 5, 2018
- This session is $100.00. ( +HST. No family discounts.)
- Payable before February 28, 2018.
- Competition team memberships are renewed each term.
- Minimum numbers are required; however, capacity is limited.
- Interested in enrolling? Speak with Sifu David and/or sign up in the weight room.
Team Objectives and Requirements
- Improve your open hand forms.
- Strengthen your sparring technique.
- Develop your weapons form.
- Enjoy 22 additional classes for competition training.
- Receive the extra coaching to better prepare for competition.
- Appreciate greater confidence in your Kung-Fu abilities.
- Foster a positive and realistic attitude toward competition.
- Encourage team members to participate in a minimum number of tournaments per year (WKFA
April Shiai and Karate/ Kung-Fu Maynia).
- Make new friends and develop a “team spirit” among the competition team participants.
We're here to help. Call us today!