Having the opportunity to take responsibility for one’s own Kung Fu is empowering.
Students in the youth and junior programs will find that by taking responsibility, they are also developing a life skill that transfers to other aspects of life, such as school and home.
- I have a WKFA uniform.
- I look after my uniform and keep it in a designated place at home.
- I fold and look after my own belt or sash and know how to tie it myself.
- I have my own weapons and sparring equipment that fits.
- I have labeled my equipment and weapons.
- I have created and update my training manual.
- I attend classes regularly.
- I know my own student number and sign into class each time I go.
- I bring my uniform, weapons, equipment, (as applicable) and training manual to class each time.
- My training manual is ready should Sifu ask to see it during a class!
- I know how many classes I have attended at my current rank and the minimum number required to grade.
- I know my push-ups, squats, and abdominal requirements for my rank and I practice them between classes (also while away during summer holidays or other vacations).
- I know my forms and curriculum requirements for my rank.
- I know my minimum time requirements at my current rank.
- I practice Kung Fu at home in a safe area.
- I try to eat healthy and drink plenty of water.
- I fulfill my chores at home.
- I fulfill my school requirements.
- I am respectful and kind to others.
- I am prepared and ready to leave for class on time.
- I work hard to remember to show my Kung Fu spirit and manners.
- I have visited our WKFA website.
- I have thought about and have set goals for my Kung Fu journey.
- I know that if I have questions or need help at Kung Fu I can ask my Sifus and other leadership team members for help.
- I bring home any handouts and update my family with Kung Fu news that we talk about in class.
- When practicing my Kung Fu or arriving at class, I try to bring a positive attitude and a willingness to do my best to my training!