On Sunday, November 12th, 2017, we celebrate 30 years together!
“I express sincere gratitude to the instructors, students, families and community for supporting the Waterloo Kung-Fu Academy over the past 30 years. Thank you for sharing this celebration with us on November 12th. We look forward to many more years teaching the life-changing benefits of kung-fu in this region!” Sifu David Moylan
Sunday, November 12, 2017
Golf’s Steakhouse (map below)
Doors open: 1:30pm
Fitness with a Purpose Awards
WKFA Kids and Adult Awards
Performances, Kung Fu Demo and Lion Dance
Enjoy sandwiches, wraps, veggies, fruit, cheese, crackers, pop, desserts, coffee and tea.
Adults, age 13+: $25.00
Kids, age 4-12: $15.00
Kids, age 3 and under: Free
Family of 4, 2 adults, 2 kids: $70.00
Please request tickets at Sifu’s office. Cash only.
Our History at-a-Glance
- March 1984: Sifu Bob Schneider earns his black sash from Sigung Ron Day.
- November 1987: Waterloo Kung-Fu Academy (WKFA) is founded by Sifu Bob Schneider.
- September 1990: Sifu Bob becomes a disciple of Grandmaster Pan Qing Fu.
- June 1992: WKFA promotes its first black sash instructor.
- November 1992: The school moves to its current location.
- February 1995: The first in-school tournament (Shiai) is held.
- October 1999: The Academy holds its largest black sash grading to date; David Moylan becomes a Sifu.
- June 2006: Sigung Bob Schneider tragically passes away.
- September 2006: Sifu David Moylan takes on the role of Head Instructor/Owner.
- September 2008: Master Ron Day, founder of Kitchener Kicks, passes away.
- March 2012: Kitchener Kicks and WKFA together host the 6th Annual Canadian Karate Kung-Fu Association Convention honouring Grandmaster David Chong.
- November 2012: 25th anniversary!
- June 29, 2017: Grandmaster Pan Qing Fu passes away.
- November 2017: 30th anniversary!
598 Lancaster St West
Kitchener, ON N2K 1M3