Junior Student’s Corner
How much do you know about the Waterloo Kung-Fu Academy? In this article, I thought we could visit some trivia to get new students better acquainted with the school and as a review for longer term students. Some of the answers might seem easy, others hopefully will make you think.
- What form was developed for a movie, and then was put into the school curriculum?
- What form used to be in the adult program, but was moved only to the Junior/Youth program. (Hint it was moved to make room for the form in question
- When bowing, what do the hands formation symbolize? (When you signed up, Sifu gave you a handout with this information in it.)
- What are the five animals we study at WKFA? What does each one represent?
- How far apart width wise should your feet be in a forward stance?
- If Sifu is in his office and is meeting with someone, is it acceptable to say good bye, even though he is talking to someone or is on the phone. True or False?
- How many kiais (key eyes) are there in the Spear Hand form?
- How many steps are there in the Single Step Form?
- What part of the foot do you strike with for a sidekick? Is the foot pointed or flexed?
- What is the height of the punches in four count punching?
- In a front snap kick, how many parts are in the kick?
- In the Sequence of Kicks, what is the target of the first punch?
- When you see any Black Sash at the club (whether you know them or not), what do you do? And why?
- Why do you have to do pushups, abs and squats? (The answer is not because the instructors are mean!)
- What are the heads at the back of the Kwoon called? What are they for?
- What does Kung-Fu mean?
- What does Shaolin mean?
- Bonus question: What is Sifu’s favourite weapon?
If you are stuck on any questions, don’t be afraid to ask any instructor, leadership team member, or other students. I will post the answers on the bulletin board in the weight room. Good luck!